The Opportunities are Here Project X is the biggest Youth Empowerment Project powered by Ethical Fashion Initiative EFI/ITC (hereinafter referred to as “the organizer”) in partnership with the European Union (EU).
This project gives contestants the opportunity to showcase their talents through different online channels.
By taking part in this competition, you will be deemed to have read these ‘’Terms and Conditions’’ and accepted to be bound by them.
1.0 REQUIRED CATEGORIES:
The Opportunities are Here Project X is open to talents in the following categories:
* Fashion Designers
* Performing Artistes including singers, dancers and any other stage performers.
2.0 ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE:
In order to take part in this competition, the participant must be;
- Living in Uganda
- Between the age of 18 and 30 years.
- In possession of a valid form of identification.
2.1 All eligible participants must give their voluntary consent to participate in this competition by agreeing to these terms and conditions and submitting this form clicking on the SUBMIT button at the end of this form.
2.2 Once chosen by the organizer to take part in this competition, the respective participant shall remain a part of the competition until eliminated, voted out or asked to leave by the organizer.
2.3 The organizer reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject a participant for behavior likely to cause damage or injury to themselves or to others, or behavior that is a nuisance to the general atmosphere of the competition.
3.0 COMPETITION PHASES:
The competition shall be held in the following phases;
3.1 PHASE 1: CALL FOR ENTRY – 14th July – 5th September (Closes 5th September by 12pm Ugandan time)
Complete the question form below these Terms and conditions with accurate information and submit it.
- Shoot your talent video and post it on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtags below explained.
- For each post, 2 different hashtags must be used:
- For all participants: #TheOpportunitiesAreHere
- Category hashtag (only 1 category per participant):
3.1.1 Participants must complete the above mentioned steps in order to be admitted.
3.1.2 Submissions closing date is 5th September 2020 at 12pm (Uganda time), submissions made after this date will NOT be accepted.
3.1.3 Submitted video entries will be scored based on the talent, engagement generated and the creativity of the videos submitted.
3.1.4 The screening committee will select the contestants moving to the next phase, they will be contacted via their respective WhatsApp and email platforms with the details to participate.
- PHASE 2: ONLINE SELECTION – 27th August – 17th September
- Online selections will take place on Instagram and Facebook Live video call; participants will be contacted beforehand with a precise date and time of audition to enable them to prepare. Failure to meet the allocated time slot will lead to the elimination of the contestant.
- Selections will take place once a week over the course of 4 weeks. Participants will be judged based on talent, creativity, & delivery.
- There will be a WILDCARD slot which will be a chance for the audience to save their favorite contestant and move them to the next round.
- There will also be weekly live masterclasses on Instagram during the course of the online selection; it is in the best interest of all participants to join all live masterclasses and participate actively.
- 15 Participants will be chosen each week to move on to the next phase
- PHASE 3: INCUBATION – 21st September – 11th October
- 60 contestants will make it through to the incubation period for further training where they will need to complete social media & learning tasks, as well as learn the choreography and theme song.
- Contestants will be scored based on their talent, choreography & delivery of all tasks and assignments given to them during the week.
22.214.171.124 ELIMINATION WEEK 1 & 2:
- Each week, 24 contestants (with the lowest scores) will be screened for ELIMINATION on an Instagram & Facebook Live; participants will be contacted beforehand with a precise date and time to prepare.
- Only 4 people each week will remain in the competition (20 will be eliminated)
- ELIMINATION WEEK 3 (last week of INCUBATION):
- All the remaining 20 contestants will be screened for ELIMINATION on Instagram & Facebook Live; participants will be contacted beforehand with a precise date and time to enable them to prepare – failure to meet the allocated time slot will eliminate the contestant.
- 12 contestants will qualify for the BOOTCAMP.
- There will be a WILDCARD slot for 1 person each week – this is a chance for the audience to save their favorite contestant and move them to the next round by commenting on the IG / Facebook live with the handle of the contestant they want to save. The contestant with the highest mentions will be saved.
- Weekly eliminations will take place on URBAN TV (DSTV 288, GOTV375, AZAM147, ZUKU038) over the course of 3 weeks – only 12 contestants will be admitted to the next phase
- POST INCUBATION OBLIGATIONS: Entrants agree to cooperate with EFI & the incubators in any post-competition report where they may be required to submit information, pictures, videos, proof of activity regarding their business/brand and the progress made throughout the incubations. This obligation will remain in place for 2 years from the date of the start of the competition.
- PHASE 4: BOOTCAMP – 15th – 26th October
3.4.1 12 contestants will be admitted into a 12 day boot camp in Kampala where they will have access to mentorship & training opportunities in their various fields.
3.4.2 Contestants will have the chance to Build their network in the creative industry and gain exposure.
( the terms and conditions that will apply to the bootcamp participants are attached hereto at this link ) – add link
3 contestants from each category totaling to 9 participants will move on to the Grand Finale
3.5 PHASE 5: GRAND FINALE – 25th October
3.5.1 9 contestants will showcase their talent at The Opportunities are Here | Project X (OAH-X) Grand Finale – broadcasted on URBAN TV.
3.5.2 A winner from each category will be announced.
- The Winners of the competition who shall be 3 in total, having chosen one person from each category will receive:
- SEED CAPITAL of 1,370$ each to start his/her own business. It is expected that these monies will be specifically invested in the growth of the winner’s brands/startups.
- The said money shall be paid into the bank account of the startup (business account) and therefore the winner will be expected to provide details of the said business bank account.
- 6 months incubation with a partner incubator.
- A trip to Paris to perform at the CHÂTEAU ROUGE AFRICAN IDENTITY SHOW in Paris (Abroad Experience) *
- Please note that the invitation to participate does not affect the consulate’s right to refuse visas to any participant for any reason.
The finalists will be the overall 6 final participants in the competition with 2 from each group. These shall receive;
- SEED CAPITAL of 280$ to start his/her own business which shall be invested in the growth of their brands/startups.
The said amount shall be paid into the bank account of the startup (business account).
- Six months incubation with a partner incubator.
The incubator will be advising and guiding the winners/finalists on how to spend their SEED CAPITAL for the growth of their brands/startups, the Incubator will approve all the expenses beforehand and proceed with the transfer.
- RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF THE PARTIES:
- Participants are required to always be punctual, respectful of other people and things and to be well-mannered and responsible, until eliminated, voted out or asked to leave.
- Participants must ensure that the material submitted during the competition does not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate content, or be disparaging to the organizer as determined at its sole discretion. Prohibited entries deemed unacceptable by the administrative team will be rejected and disregarded.
- By taking part in the competition, the participants hereby grant the organizer permission to retain the entries submitted by the participants. By submitting an entry/video content, you agree to allow the organizer to use your entry images and designs (Pictures, Videos and any other recording format) for all the social media, TV, flyers, posters and promotions of any type for publicity purposes.
- Participants or whomever is in the video, by entering in the competition, accepts to and gives the organizer consent to feature their images/ entries in future communication of The Opportunities are Here Project X and Campaigns, including but not limited to press features, videos, photos and social media platforms and any other recording format for social media, TV, flyers, posters and promotions of any type.
- The organizer reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of any part of an entry and Participant (including a Participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Participant who submits an entry that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or tampers with the entry process. Participants agree to not diffuse any information regarding their participation to this event on any social network without prior notification to the organizer. This event is part of a larger communication plan managed by the organizer and participants are kindly requested to respect this.
- Failure by the organizer to enforce any of its rights during the competition or at any time does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Participants need to have their own smartphone charged with data at their own expense to participate in some of the activities and training.
- The participants must follow @opportunitiesarehere on Instagram and Facebook and must also subscribe to the project YouTube channel.
- Participants agree to receive future marketing material from the organizers and partners but will be free to unsubscribe from receiving the same at any time.
7.0 COPYRIGHT OWNERSHIP:
7.1 All the stakeholders of this project acknowledge that the participants are the original owners of all videos/designs/clothes/music or other materials presented/uploaded during or at any phase of selections and agree that the organizer will not be held responsible for any issue of copyright or infringement on the part of the Participants.
7.2 Submission(s) should not contain any third party materials, or otherwise violate or infringe (or possibly infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark, design that identifies a brand (other than EFI)
- POST COMPETITION OBLIGATIONS:
8.1 Entrants agree to cooperate with the organizer in any post-event publicity where they may be required to appear on television or radio, in printed publications, or social media platforms for which no fee will be payable.
8.2 Participants grant the organizer the right to, for an indefinite period, use all information provided to it through this competition for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes.
The participant shall keep confidential information confidential or will use reasonable care to prevent the unauthorized use or dissemination of the confidential information. This clause shall survive the duration of this contract.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND AMENDMENT:
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the organizer and the participants.
10.2 The organizer may amend these terms and conditions at any time by giving reasonable notice, which amended terms and conditions will be binding on the participants.
Neither party is responsible for any failure to perform its obligations under this agreement, if it is prevented or delayed in performing those obligations by an event of force majeure.
- GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION:
12.1 These terms and conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with Laws of the Republic of Uganda.
- Any dispute arising here from shall be settled amicably between the parties. If amicable settlement of the dispute fails, it shall be referred to a court with competent jurisdiction under the laws of Uganda.
If any part of these terms and conditions is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
All Participants are obliged to read in full the Terms & Conditions as well as all guidelines provided by the organizers from time to time. By taking part in this competition, you are deemed to have accepted the ‘’Terms and Conditions’’ and to be bound by them.