NOT CHARITY, JUST WORK
The Ethical Fashion Initiative’s goal is to build a responsible fashion industry that measures its impact. The Ethical Fashion Initiative connects talented but marginalised artisans – the majority of them women – to the international fashion industry. The Ethical Fashion Initiative believes in a responsible fashion industry, where workers earn a living wage, are offered dignified working conditions and minimises impact on the environment. Not Charity, Just Work.
The Ethical Fashion Initiative also supports Africa’s rising generation of fashion designers, and encourages them to forge sustainable and fulfilling creative collaborations with local artisans.
The Ethical Fashion Initiative participates in events with the media, international trade organisations, social enterprises and top fashion universities across the globe. Through partnerships with designers and brands, the Ethical Fashion Initiative is also a regular participant in events during the international fashion week calendar.
- Tucker NYC joins in on hat-making in Haiti. For the Spring/Summer 2016 collection, Gaby Basora has designed two hats with Haitian artisans, bringing a touch of the...
- #TBT: In 2013, Marni & Isetan partner to create a special edition collection with artisans in Kenya.
- In #SanFrancisco? Go to the @MAISONDEMODE #popup @ 125 Maiden Lane & discover designs by @IkireJones & @Studio189NYC https://t.co/Rzk9PyDmqr
- RT @MAISONDEMODE: Our next #MdM pop-up is in the Bay Area at 125 Maiden Lane, #SanFrancisco from May 16-30! https://t.co/5aFAV362dm https:/…
- Thank you @noeliacollado_smoda for the tip-top feature in @s_moda / @el_pais! #notcharityjustwork #campershoes #artisanship #tiedye (photos @louisnderi)
- Shades of Indigo. @studiooneeightynine brings Ghanaian artisans to the fore of @maisondemode's #SanFrancisco pop-up this May. Pop-up open from 10AM-6PM, 16th-30th May...
- They don't make them like they used to, photograph by Mary Sibande #Southafrica #Black #Female #Body #Superhero - curated by @ethicalfashion1
- Untiled photograph from Leonce Rapahel Agbodjelou, part of his series Musclemen, 2012. #African #Photography #Benin #Muscle #Prints #Flowers - curated by @ethicalfashion1