NOT CHARITY, JUST WORK
The Ethical Fashion Initiative’s goal is to build a responsible fashion industry that measures its impact. The Ethical Fashion Initiative connects talented but marginalised artisans – the majority of them women – to the international fashion industry. The Ethical Fashion Initiative believes in a responsible fashion industry, where workers earn a living wage, are offered dignified working conditions and minimises impact on the environment. Not Charity, Just Work.
The Ethical Fashion Initiative also supports Africa’s rising generation of fashion designers, and encourages them to forge sustainable and fulfilling creative collaborations with local artisans.
The Ethical Fashion Initiative participates in events with the media, international trade organisations, social enterprises and top fashion universities across the globe. Through partnerships with designers and brands, the Ethical Fashion Initiative is also a regular participant in events during the international fashion week calendar.
Inauguration de l’atelier du Hub Pissy II au Burkina Faso et première rencontre internationale du Comité de Pilotage pour le projet UE-ITC du Fonds fiduciaire d’urgence de l’Union Européenne pour l’Afrique
- Behind the scenes: a weekly Monday morning production meeting at the @ArtisanFashion hub in #Kenya. https://t.co/qZXJojCfWW
- Throwback to the launch of @karenwalker's Babou’s Revenge collection, featuring a necklace handcrafted by… https://t.co/j6xjqJlYWV
- Great kick off meeting with the talented @jeannedekroon of @zazi.vintage who met us at our Geneva headquarters to discuss our upcoming collaboration. Stay tuned!...
- Great to be back in Washington D.C. to meet with the Board of Advisors of the @allianceartisan of the @aspeninstitute #artisansfirst #sustainability #thinktank...
- Under the Influence Magazine. Photo by Suzie Q and Leo Siboni #AfricanStyle #Magazine #PhotoShoot #Tribal #Accessories - curated by @ethicalfashion1
- A Fulani weaver at Mbuna village displays some of his work. Photo by Rachel Hoffman #Mali #Weaver #Textiles #Market #Traditional - curated by @ethicalfashion1